Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How We Became the Proud Owners of a FACETREE and Other Happy Marriage Stories

Soooo...we bought this property about 20+ years ago, and to say the least, I was NOT happy about the purchase...It was pretty much one of those conversations like this:

DW:  How was your day today?
Me:  Fine, how was yours? (as I am feeding a baby, cooking supper, and making sure Cory wasn't running loose somewhere....)
DW:  Good, I bought 160 acres of land today so you need to go to the bank and sign the note. And we close on it in a week.

Crash.....(me falling over in a faint)

Being a shrewd business woman, I refused to sign papers for any land sight unseen, so we loaded up the kids and went for a drive to see this potential purchase.  We pulled in the gate, and all I could see were trees....lots of trees...

Me:  I am NOT walking through here carrying two kids.
DW:  Oh, we can drive around it...

Literally..we could literally drive AROUND it...perimeter only....and as we are driving, our youngest son says, "Dad, are we in Jurassic Park?"....it was that bad.  I had to roll up the window because I was afraid I would lose an eye.  Or a dinosaur would eat my kid.  All the while DW was saying:  "I'm going to clear it off, I'm going to clear it off..."  And clear it off he did....

And this year, by some fluke or something, we discovered the FACETREE....I know technically it should be written out FACE TREE, but it is OUR tree on OUR land, so we can write it however we want!

I am currently trying to decide what to name the FACETREE...I thought of Ichabod, but I am thinking maybe the tree is female.  I have never learned to sex a tree, but it has to be similar to sexing a chicken, right?  Oh...I can't do that, either.  I am going to put a bow on the FACETREE over the weekend and take some pics....so I will post those later and we can all decide!

Anyway, long story short...I am thinking of making the FACETREE an "attraction"...people pay money to see the World's Largest Ball of Twine, which is man made, I should point out...I am not sure what a person would pay to view this natural wonder!

4 comments:

  1. BTW...my mom...Miss Ellie, would love, Love, LOVE this tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!! Hilarious adventures...keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 FACETREE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this who I think it is? I'm thinking of somebody who is funny and has a face tree. It may be a big world but um it's not.

    ReplyDelete